We are recruiting for an experienced Area Manager in North East of England, Petrol Station Forecourt experience or Convenience Retail preferred .
The role will entail the day-to-day management of 15-18 retail forecourt sites. Reporting to the Operations Manager.
Previous retail management experience is preferred although this may have been gained within a different area of retailing. Petrol Forecourt and alcohol sales experience would be useful but not essential as comprehensive training can be provided. There will also be overall responsibility for people management, stock control and managing individual site budgets.
To manage a defined area in order to achieve pre-determined sales and profit targets, and maintain Company standards of customer service.
- Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed net profit targets
- Manage the staff costs (wage budget) whilst maintaining customer service levels
- Ensure the sites within the area achieve budgeted waste levels
- Ensure that controllable costs are managed within budget
- Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed sales targets
- Ensure the area takes full advantage of Londis/Premier promotions and marketing activity
- Develop sales initiatives that will maximise growth in the area whilst remaining within Company policy, and encourage Site Managers to do likewise
- Ensure that all sites within the area are controlling stock levels effectively, and take positive action to improve stock losses
- Ensure that all sites within the area are well presented and all point of sale material is displayed in accordance with instructions received with the aid of the merchandising manager
COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY POLICY AND PROCEDURE
- Ensure via the Site Managers that all staff are aware of and compliant with all Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all paperwork and administration relating to the area is carried out effectively and on time
- With the support of the Site Managers, ensure that all sites within the area are compliant with Company security procedures.
- Identify and recruit suitably skilled individuals within the area
- Carry out formal disciplinary action as required
- Ensure through the Site Manager that all staff are trained and fully competent
- Display enthusiasm and commitment by leadership and through adopting a professional approach
DEVELOPMENT OF SITE MANAGERS
- Ensure all Site Managers’ training needs which have been identified are implemented along with the staff trainer
- Ensure all Site Managers are fully competent and are managing the site effectively
- Conduct on the job training and coaching with Site Managers in all aspects of their duties and develop them to achieve their potential
- Conduct informal performance discussions and regular formal performance reviews with Site Manages in accordance with the Company Performance Review system.
- Undertake regular site visits with the aid of the site tick list
- Liaise regularly with all Site Managers within the area regarding the day-to-day running of the site
- Liaise regularly with the Head of Operations to communicate the performance of the sites and any operational problems.
- Communicate Company information, policy and procedure updates etc to all sites via the Site Manager
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensure that Health & Safety standards fully comply with both Company policy and statutory requirements with the aid of head office
- Fully expensed Company Car & [business mileage only]
- A competitive salary – reviewed annually
- Results based Bonuses up to £3,000
- Fully expensed Phone [business use only]
- Company Lap Top [business use only]
- 10% Staff discount
- Company pension Scheme 3% of salary
For further information on this role, please call Ellie in the Pink Office on 01480 860120 or apply now!!