Pink Recruitment SOlutions
Do you have experience in Area Management in either convenience retail or petrol station forecourt?
Would you like to join a fast growing company?
Yes?…..please read on….
We are recruiting for an experienced Area Manager in Newcastle Upon Tyne/Middlesborough with Petrol Station Forecourt experience.
To ensure the implementation of the company’s policies and procedures in respect of a predetermined region of company owned stations.
- Each Area Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of company owned stations.
- This is a field based position where the Area Manager operates a given area which may be subject to change from time to time. Duties may require nights away from home to carry out area duties and attend meetings.
- Area Managers are required to communicate with nominated suppliers and various third parties as and when required.
- To ensure that all stations are operated in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policies to create a safe environment for staff and customers.
- To ensure the security of the Company’s property.
- To carry out monthly fuel audits at each station in order to ensure the correct payments of monies and security of the Company’s fuel stocks.
- To carry out regular Shop and Forecourt Reviews at each station to ensure that they are operating within the Company’s policies and procedures and to their maximum potential.
- To manage and monitor performance of Store Managers and staff at each station and ensure that good customer practice is carried out consistently.
- To ensure that each station is applying the correct fuel retail prices as instructed from time to time so as to maximise fuel profit margins.
- To ensure effective and correctly merchandised promotional activity, within the shop and forecourt so as to maximise sales and increase customer base.
- To monitor and review the product range at each station with a view to increasing turnover and profitability.
- To monitor and review Company expenditure for each relevant station and area, to ensure the accurate recording of information and to identify areas of improvement.
- To handle complaints from customers and ensure satisfactory follow up with the customer and any necessary re-training requirements are completed.
- To liaise with outside contractors to establish and manage all maintenance issues as well as monitoring all equipment downtime.
- To support and carry out duties as instructed from time to time from the relevant line manager(s).
- Ensure all Store Managers complete all required duties within the stated timescales and submit returns promptly and accurately.
- To supervise, give guidance and motivate Store Managers through the use of station reviews and audits to enable them to promote a successful business. To carry out subsequent visits as and when necessary to monitor progress.
- Within the Company – Liaise with all relevant head office departments as and when necessary in order to resolve any operational or other issues.
- Outside the Company – To liaise with suppliers and ensure delivery procedures are adhered to.
- To liaise with Petroleum Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Fairbanks, Licensing and other officials where necessary.
- To visit competitors to keep abreast of their activity.
- A proven track record in the forecourt and/or retail sector.
- High self motivation and discipline, outstanding communication skills, ability to work demanding hours and prioritise duties.
- A good people manager with ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
- A good level of numeracy and attention to detail.
- To operate effectively and efficiently and achieve given objectives within given time deadlines.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package.
For further information on this role, please call Ellie in the Pink Office on 01480 860120!!