Do you have experience in Area Management in either convenience retail or petrol station forecourt?
Would you like to join a fast growing company?
Yes?…..please read on….
We are recruiting for an experienced Area Manager in the Gloucestershire area with Petrol Station Forecourt experience.
To ensure the implementation of the company’s policies and procedures in respect of a predetermined region of company owned stations.
- Each Area Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of company owned stations.
- This is a field based position where the Area Manager operates a given area which may be subject to change from time to time. Duties may require nights away from home to carry out area duties and attend meetings.
- Area Managers are required to communicate with nominated suppliers and various third parties as and when required.
- To ensure that all stations are operated in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policies to create a safe environment for staff and customers.
- To ensure the security of the Company’s property.
- To carry out monthly fuel audits at each station in order to ensure the correct payments of monies and security of the Company’s fuel stocks.
- To carry out regular Shop and Forecourt Reviews at each station to ensure that they are operating within the Company’s policies and procedures and to their maximum potential.
- To manage and monitor performance of Store Managers and staff at each station and ensure that good customer practice is carried out consistently.
- To ensure that each station is applying the correct fuel retail prices as instructed from time to time so as to maximise fuel profit margins.
- To ensure effective and correctly merchandised promotional activity, within the shop and forecourt so as to maximise sales and increase customer base.
- To monitor and review the product range at each station with a view to increasing turnover and profitability.
- To monitor and review Company expenditure for each relevant station and area, to ensure the accurate recording of information and to identify areas of improvement.
- To handle complaints from customers and ensure satisfactory follow up with the customer and any necessary re-training requirements are completed.
- To liaise with outside contractors to establish and manage all maintenance issues as well as monitoring all equipment downtime.
- To support and carry out duties as instructed from time to time from the relevant line manager(s).
- Ensure all Store Managers complete all required duties within the stated timescales and submit returns promptly and accurately.
- To supervise, give guidance and motivate Store Managers through the use of station reviews and audits to enable them to promote a successful business. To carry out subsequent visits as and when necessary to monitor progress.
- Within the Company – Liaise with all relevant head office departments as and when necessary in order to resolve any operational or other issues.
- Outside the Company – To liaise with suppliers and ensure delivery procedures are adhered to.
- To liaise with Petroleum Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Fairbanks, Licensing and other officials where necessary.
- To visit competitors to keep abreast of their activity.
- A proven track record in the forecourt and/or retail sector.
- High self motivation and discipline, outstanding communication skills, ability to work demanding hours and prioritise duties.
- A good people manager with ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
- A good level of numeracy and attention to detail.
- To operate effectively and efficiently and achieve given objectives within given time deadlines.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package.
For further information on this role, please call Ellie in the Pink Office on 01480 860120!!