Expert Environmental Toxicologist
Pink Recruitment Solutions Limited
EXPERT, ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGIST
Could you put people and planet at the heart of all we do?
Join a team of diverse and forward-thinking people who sit firmly at the heart of safety, risk mitigation and excellence.
Our client is committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and improves lives but in new ways, with fewer emissions. These are big, complex challenges so it’s important to our client that they unlock the full potential of their workforce.
The Global Product Stewardship, Regulatory and Toxicology team brings together the world’s most highly skilled professionals to support compliance to international chemical control legislation, product health, safety, environmental and sustainability risk management. Joining as an Expert, Environmental Toxicologist, you’ll be responsible for providing ecotoxicology, environmental risk assessment and broader product stewardship expertise to support the businesses globally particularly with regards to product hazard and risk management. This entails provision of expert advice on product environmental and sustainability risk mitigation
About the opportunity
Navigating the dynamically changing regulatory and product landscape as well as the demand for sustainable safer and environmentally friendly alternative products, the Expert Environmental Toxicologist will manage product environmental and sustainability risk communication and response to technical questions pertaining to the companies products including the development of advocacy positions. You will further be expected to represent the company and interests in designated trade associations and industry groups.
Other accountabilities include
- Develop and implement product regulatory compliance or risk management programs to address regulatory developments and changes to product stewardship processes related to ecotoxicology and product environmental risk management.
- Manage ecotoxicological studies for the purposes of product regulatory tracking and notifications or registrations through designing research programs to address environmental or sustainability hazards or risks and making technical decisions regarding experimental protocols. This extends to the evaluation of the relevance/significance of test results to hazards posed to the environment and risk to and our planet and preparing comprehensive ecotoxicology reviews of products.
- Communicate, where relevant with regulatory or competent authorities, trade associations, scientific bodies or other relevant institutions to determine strategies and a path forward regarding product compliance and environmental and sustainability risk management efforts.
- Identifying potential liabilities and actively managing legal tort cases providing expertise and developing effective management plans to address perceived liabilities.
Ideally, you’ll hold a degree in Toxicology or other equivalent science degrees (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Safety or Industrial Hygiene). You will have a solid background on the practice of ecotoxicology in relation to international chemical control or other relevant legislation. You’ll be someone who is empathetic, curious and enthusiastic about working with various internal and external stakeholders across the product lifecycle to ensure appropriate management of compliance and product risks but also attending conferences and relevant trade association and expert committee/panel meetings with demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of environmental toxicology through monitoring the regulatory environment and relevant ecotoxicological modelling tools or testing methodologies.
Other requirements include
- Proven ability to ensure compliance to international chemical control or other relevant legislation.
- Ability to identify and manage the regulatory landscape within which the business is operating, read, understand and interpret complex technical, legislative and regulatory information and develop and implement regulatory compliance programs including ecotoxicology study management.
- The ability to make independent contributions on a regular basis and self-initiate work activities.
So, if you are looking for an exciting and purposeful challenge of solving some of the planet’s biggest problems and providing sustainable products, there is no time like now!
We are waiting to hear from you!!