Expert Technologist Electric Vehicle Systems and Simulation
Pink Recruitment Solutions Limited
Join our client in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling them to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management. Working with our client, you can do this by deploying their integrated capability and standards in service of their net zero and safety ambitions driving their digital transformation and pioneering new business models collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses.
We are delighted to offer this newly created opportunity for an Expert Technologist, Electric Vehicle Systems & Simulation to join our client to provide the technical expertise to support their electrification strategy. The Expert Technologist will act as the subject matter expert and lead in the technology, electric vehicles, hardware and software of connected vehicles and autonomous mobility.
The Expert will be an integral member of the AM&IP team, which provides research insights into future product needs and solutions for sustainable mobility and manufacturing to inform future product design and business opportunities. The team also provides access to battery and electric vehicle testing capability and is developing increased capability in electrical charging and electric vehicle systems and modelling. Additionally, this role supports the FM&S electric and autonomous vehicle space.
You will provide technical direction and expertise across vehicle electrification and autonomy and act as Technical lead for delivery of broader understanding and development of technical expertise in electrical system architectures for electrified light and heavy-duty plug-in vehicles (including fuel celled vehicles). Establishing close and collaborative partnerships with Future Mobility & Solutions (FM&S) to provide the technical insights and expertise to allow identification of innovative business opportunities within Electrification and Mobility.
This role complements others in our team such as: Expert Electrical Charging and Energy Infrastructure, Expert Electronics & Software and the Expert Vehicle Thermal Management.
Other important dimensions include
- Initiating and supporting pilot projects to assess new product propositions and alternative business models based around electrified vehicles.
- Development and delivery of the companies vehicle technology and research workstreams in support of the ultra-fast charging strategy and therefore, the Technical lead for vehicle-related fast charging projects with automotive partners including Daimler, Ford, Renault and OEM’s.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external partners & OEM’s relevant to vehicle mobility/electrification.
Working with the team to develop vehicle systems simulation models including vehicle charging and use.
- You will be degree qualified (or similar) in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering and possess a depth of relevant experience gained from working on electrified vehicle technologies. Experience in the development of electrified vehicle technologies, likely gained in a vehicle OEM, Tier 1 or start-up
- Highly effective when interacting with customers and when leading projects with 3rd parties. Proven ability to develop successful technology strategies and for collaborating closely with marketing teams to develop new business entries and offers.
Due to the technical nature of the role, you must demonstrate a high level of competence for analysis and interpreting results, combined with the application of modelling and simulation techniques. Being able to communicate well and articulate the data and technical messages for broader audiences is also important. Finally, if you have some knowledge of electrical propulsion systems, it would be beneficial.
So, if you are looking for an exciting and purposeful challenge for contributing to their electrification strategies, there is no time like now!
Join a team of diverse and forward-thinking engineers who sit firmly at the heart of innovation and technology – advancing bps agenda towards a net zero world.
We are waiting to hear from you!!