Expert Technologist Electrical Charging and Energy Infrastructure
Pink Recruitment Solutions Limited
Join our client in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling them to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management. Working with our client, you can do this by deploying their integrated capability and standards in service of their net zero and safety ambitions driving their digital transformation and pioneering new business models collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses.
We are delighted to offer this newly created opportunity for an Expert Technologist, Electrical Infrastructure & Grids to come and join us as a subject matter expert – to lead in the technology, hardware and software of electrical charging and micro-grids for electrified vehicles.
The Expert will be an integral part of the AM&IP team, which provides research insights into future product needs and solutions for sustainable mobility and manufacturing to inform future product design and business opportunities. The team also provides access to battery and electric vehicle testing capability, and is developing increased capability in electrical charging and electric vehicle systems and modelling.
Your accountabilities will include
- To drive the development and delivery of our clients charging infrastructure research workstreams in support of the ultra-fast charging strategy.
- Act as Technology lead for new market entries as required including design and development of fast charging (150 kW+) EV networks for passenger cars and trucks in line with market needs.
- Design and implementation of micro-grid systems at company facilities to enable research and development activities linked to EV ultra-fast charging.
- Technical lead for developing electrical hardware, cooling systems and working with the broader team to implement integrated fluid solutions for off-board hardware such as charging units and stationary energy storage (which will be investigated in the future as a potential solution to mobility fleets).
- Working with FM&S to provide the technical insights and expertise to allow identification of innovative business opportunities within Electrification and Mobility.
- Working with the team to develop simulation models to optimise micro-grid systems for EV charging stations.
- You will be degree qualified (or similar) in Electrical / Energy Systems Engineering and possess a depth of relevant experience gained from working on charging and energy infrastructure technologies.
- Proven capacity for developing and implementing electrical infrastructure, microgrid technology and simulation – likely gained in an electrical supply utility company or electrical systems technology / consulting role.
- Effective at building and maintaining strategic partnerships and highly effective at interacting with customers and when leading projects with internal stakeholders and 3rd parties. Experience of working closely with marketing teams for the development of technology strategies, offers and for exploring new business.
- It would beneficial if you have knowledge and understanding of electrical energy requirements for data centres and other potential non-vehicle-related applications with a view to identifying business opportunities.
So, if you are looking for an exciting and purposeful challenge for contributing to solving some of the planet’s biggest problems, there is no time like now!
Join a team of diverse and forward-thinking engineers who sit firmly at the heart of innovation and technology – advancing our clients agenda towards a net zero world.
We are waiting to here from you!!