Head of H & S Environmental Compliance and Sustainability
We are looking for a Head of H&S Environmental Compliance & Sustainability to join our impressive client, the role is to be based in the Milton Keynes area.
- Responsibly for the group operations of the Health, Safety, Insurance, Environmental and Sustainability Department
- Driving programmes, initiatives and delivering tangible results, through your own team and managing the resource pool
- An existing senior environmental and sustainability manager with at least 5 experience, familiar with environmental legislation, energy management and low carbon / Net Zero Carbon programmes including SECR and ESOS.
- Responsible for the companies ESG programme, reporting and practical implementation across the company and subsidiaries
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations and practices, and ideally insurance frameworks experience
- Working knowledge of UN Global Compact, UN Sustainable Development Goals, EPA or other global or national environmental or sustainability guidelines and regulation
- Providing management information on Health, Safety, and Environmental topics to the Group Infrastructure Director and the ESG committee in order to justify and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working on and delivering ISO 14001 and ideally a good understanding of ISO 45001.
- Experienced in managing a team – delivering policy, projects and programmes ideally experienced within the fuel industry (although not essential) .
- Ideally degree level candidate with IEMA and NEBOSH qualifications and relevant memberships
Characteristics of candidates:
- Ability to influence without having direct line management responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to lead complex projects, flex between strategy and execution and anticipate and meet deadlines.
- Resilient – comfortable working on multiple projects within a fast-paced, fast-changing, and challenging working environment
You will be rewarded with an excellent salary and impressive benefits.
Please apply now or call Rebecca to discuss further!!!