IT Project Support Officer (Interim – Maternity Cover)
Reporting to the Senior IT Project Manager this role requires the incumbent to understand the Software Development Life Cycle and contribute support on projects as directed.
The post holder will be a dynamic problem solver who is organised and can quickly report and escalate problems for resolution. They will also be a logical thinker who can articulate themselves well to a varied audience. The IT Project Support Officer will be required to work well in a small team but can also work independently and be decisive when required and will be expected to work closely with IT Project Managers, technical developers and Business area.
The Post Holder will have the ability to communicate effectively with IT and non-IT stakeholders, together with the ability to represent the company to its clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of the role incumbent are highlighted below but will vary and flex dependent on business priorities, sometimes outside the scope of the stated bullet points:
IT Lead for ongoing BAU Data Feeds Agent Onboarding:
- Plan delivery of Agent Onboarding in accordance with predetermined criteria
- Manage data requests with third party provider including
- Understanding and reporting on data due dates within SLA
- Managing and escalating issues
- Managing third party to deliver against SLA due dates
- Liaising with counterpart in the business area and providing regular updates
- Project Manage IT Helpdesk & Development & Reporting resources to complete set up and support tasks
- Maintain Agent Set up excel worksheets
- Maintain Salesforce test environments as administrator (training provided)
- Validate data and provide test data to business to test and validate and support business testing
- Ensure all artefacts are available and tested before giving Go Live go-ahead status on each agent to the business
Be able provide support in the following areas;
- Test requirements from an IT perspective
- Manage and support user testing
- Manage and support go live
- Understanding reporting via Power BI and Salesforce and be able to write requirements and translate to the business and Data Services
- Manage small changes as directed
- Project Reporting
- Managing IT Teams Weekly Timesheet entries
- Support Project Managers and others in the team when required
- Internal stakeholder service delivery orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
- A team player, able to build productive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Report project status, highlights, risks and issues to the Head of Development, IT Project Manager, immediate team and ability to quantify to wider business stakeholders
- Work effectively as a member of the IT internal teams, aiding other team members and internal colleagues
- Work effectively as a member of the IT team, aiding be aligned to Simplify’s objectives and values
- Work with other IT teams and the wider business to ensure a cohesive, effective and efficient IT service
- Work with other teams to ensure a cohesive, effective and efficient support development solutions delivery service
- Ability to adapt to, and support others through change
Disposition & Attitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Strong prioritisation and ability to deliver product improvement
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
- Remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable and embrace change
- Reliable, conscientious and hardworking
- Understand dynamics of working within a team
- Approachable and professional.
- Show willingness to learn however recognise limits of ability and when to seek advice.
- A strong team player
Skills & Knowledge (essential)
- Be able to communicate issues and change to colleagues in the business
- Demonstrable experience in an IT in a support role
- Able to negotiate and lead teams of people (with support / mentoring from more senior colleagues)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office 365 – especially excel, power point, project and visio
- Use of Power BI or other similar BI reporting tools (ideal but not essential)
- Demonstrable willingness to learn
- PMO Qualification (desirable)
- Project Management Qualification (desirable)
- Degree Educated (desirable)
Work from home initially, but within reach of St Ives for office. May be required to travel to other sites if necessary.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
Please apply now!!!